The most popular feature of the Microsoft Exchange server is Outlook Web Access. OWA is a protocol that functions similarly as Microsoft Office Outlook. This feature is helpful for users who are travelling or using a public system for accessing their emails. Using Outlook Web Access, Exchange users can access their inbox, calendar and other data from any system that has an internet connection.
If you are an Exchange user and want to access your account from a public system while travelling, Microsoft support says that OWA is the best option. Connect to your account from any internet connected system and access your account. This article will help you in enabling the Outlook Web Access feature manually through the Active Directory Users and Groups Tools. You will have to log in as server administrator or seek help of one.
Instructions by Microsoft support
The below given steps will help you in enabling OWA for your account as server administrator. The steps are as follows:
- Log on to the PC server with an account that has administrative privileges.
- Open the Start menu and expand the Administrative Tools sub-menu.
- Select Active Directory Users and Groups.
- Go to the Action menu at the top of the window and choose Find.
- Enter the user name of the individual you want to add Outlook Web Access for, and then hit the Find Now button.
- The search results will appear in the lower half of the window.
- Right-click on the individual’s active directory user name and choose Properties.
- At the top of the properties window, there is the Exchange Features tab. Go to it.
- Highlight the entry labeled Outlook Web Access in the Protocols list.
- Press the Enable button and then hit OK to save the settings and add the Outlook Web Access feature.
These steps should help you in enabling the OWA protocol for your Exchange account. Now you can access emails, calendars, address books and all the other features and functionalities of the account from any other system. When you try to access the OWA feature, you will be shown a login page, which will direct you to your account.
Hope this article was helpful to you. All the best!