The previous chat conversations with any of your contacts can be found with Microsoft Lync 2010 communications software. With this, you shall be able to find a missed or recent conversation, switch between conversations like switching between windows, etc.
How to open Conversation history from Lync 2010?
Depending on how Lync 2010 is set in your organization, the View Conversation History command may or may not be available. Perform the following to open the Conversation History folder.
- First of all you need to open Lync 2010.
- Next to the Options button. Click the Show menu arrow.
- Point to File, and then select View Conversation History.
The Conversation History folder will be opened and displayed by The Microsoft Outlook messaging and collaboration client. The conversation can then be sorted for instance, by date, or you can also search for a conversation by keyword or contact.
Finding a previous conversation with a specific contact
Depending on how Lync 2010 is set in your organization, the Find Previous Conversations command may or may not be available. Perform the following to find a previous conversation with a specific contact.
- Open Lync 2010.
- Right-click the contact whose previous conversation you want to view in your Contacts list.
- Click Find Previous Conversations.
In the Conversation History folder, Outlook will open and display that contact’s conversations.
Finding a missed or recent conversation
- Open Lync.
- Click the Conversations icon above the search box.
With this, you will get the recent incoming and outgoing messages including those you might have missed in the chronological order, with the recent one at the top. The phone calls will also appear on the list. Apart from this, from the conversation window, you can also find recent and missed conversations and calls. At the top of the Conversation window, there are three pivot filters:
- All : displays 100 most recent conversations of yours.
- Missed : displays any missed conversation during that time frame (100 most recent)
- Calls : displays any calls during that time frame (100 most recent)
So, that’s how you find the previous chat conversations in Microsoft chat option. If you have any further clarifications, contact the Microsoft chat support team. Thank you for your valuable time, take care, bye!