While creating reports, documents or books in Microsoft Word 2007, you might like to have a cover page at the beginning of the document. The process of doing this is simple and all you need is a little patience while making the cover page look good. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Microsoft chat support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions suggested by Microsoft chat support which will guide you through the process of creating a cover page in Word 2007.
- Start off by launching your Microsoft Word 2007.
- Select the option labeled “Insert” from the main menu.
- Click on the option which says “Cover Page” from the “Pages” section located on the left-hand side.
- Now you will be able to see a menu displaying a number of pre-formatted cover pages. Go through the list until you find the one that suits your purpose.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the cover page template you wish to use. Remember that this cover page will be appearing at the beginning of your document.
- After that, click on each field designated by brackets with titles like “Tile” and “Abstract”. With a single click, the entire field will be highlighted. Type the information that you want to appear here. Clicking on the date of year field will provide you with a calendar from which you can select the date and year. To get this, you should select a template having the fields for date and year.
- Customize your text like you usually do it with any other text. You can change its color or size and add bold or underline. Word 2007 makes use of boxes and tables in some of the templates, so click on the “Format Menu” that you can see while you are on the cover page. This will allow you to make changes to things such as size and shapes of text boxes. Select “Design menu” to make changes to the look of the tables.
- Once you are finished with making changes to your cover page, click the option labeled “Save” to continue working on your document.
That’s all with the Microsoft chat support instructions for creating a cover page.