Windows offers different functions related to security, including a popup blocker and a firewall. While browsing the Internet, you might have noticed a website appearing in a new window once you click on an unrelated link. Unwanted pages that show up like this are referred to as “pop-ups”, and are in most cases advertisements of different products or programs trying to get money out of the web surfer. To prevent this, almost all web browsers have included pop-up blocking tools. A popup blocker has the ability to block popup websites from opening up. However, there are times where in your Windows popup blocker gives you trouble by treating legitimate websites as popups. If that is the case, you need to disable the popup blocker, and this article contains instructions for doing the same.
Microsoft support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Microsoft support team which will assist you in the process of disabling your Windows popup clocker. Don’t miss out on any instructions or else you won’t get the results you were hoping for.
- Start off with this procedure by bringing up the Start menu of your computer. To do this, either click on the Windows “Start” button located on the bottom left hand corner of your desktop, or press the key that bears the logo of Microsoft.
- Depending on the version of operating system you are using, click on the option labeled “All Programs” or “Programs”.
- Continue with this procedure by selecting “Internet Explorer” from the list of programs.
- Click on the option “Tools” from the main menu of your Internet Explorer window.
- Now you need to select “Internet Options” from the Tools menu.
- Go to the tab titled “Privacy”. Under this tab, you will be able to see a list of security preferences including cache history, cookies, and the popup blocker.
- Unmark the check box which says “Block Pop-ups”.
- Save the changes by clicking on the “Ok” button.
- Refresh the website that was blocked previously, and you will be able to receive popups.
That’s all with the instructions for disabling the Windows popup blocker. If incase the result was not positive, you are advised to contact a technical support team for further assistance. Thanks for your valuable time, and have a wonderful day!